Kim & Chang (2014-Present)
Koreana Patent Firm (2007-2014)
DLA Piper (2006-2007)
Perkins Coie LLP (2005-2006)
Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP (2002-2005)
Kim & Chang (2001)
Representative ActivitiesView All
- Recent statistics on Patent Court decisions reflect more favorable stance towards patentees (Co-author, ILO, 2017)
- Firm representative: MIP Global Awards (London, March 2016)
- The America Invents Act: Implications on Korean patent practice, In-House Seminar, 2009
- U.S. Patent Practice and Related Matters, Lions Club, 2008
- U.S. Patent Practice and Related Matters (Patent Prosecution, Patent Litigation and Implications of KOREA-US FTA on Patent Practice), Korea Research Institute of Chemical Technology (KRICT), 2007
- USPTO: Using a Sledgehammer to Kill an Ant? In-House Seminar, 2007
- Securities Class Action Filings and Settlements Down in 2003, Quinn Emanuel Business Litigation Report
- California Supreme Court Adopts New Rules to Govern Out-Of-State Attorneys "Practicing" in California, Quinn Emanuel Business Litigation Report
- 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-CoA Reductase. 2000. Rodwell VW, Kim D, et al. Methods Enzymol.
- Essentiality, expression, and characterization of the class II 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A reductase of Staphylococcus aureus. 2000. Wilding EI, Kim D, et al. J. Bacteriol. (Both Kim and Wilding contributed equally).
- Dual coenzyme specificity of Archaeoglobus fulgidus HMG-CoA Reductase. 2000. Kim D, et al. Protein Sci.
- Engineering of Sulfolobus solfataricus HMG-CoA reductase to a form whose activity is regulated by phosphorylation and dephosphorylation. 1999. Kim D, et al. Biochemisty.
- Expression and characterization of the HMG-CoA reductase of the thermophilic archaeon Sulfolobus solfataricus. 1999. Kim D, et al. Protein Expr. Purif.
Michigan State University (J.D., 2003; Dean's List, 2001-2003)
Purdue University (Postdoctoral Fellow, Biochemistry Dept.,1999-2000)
Purdue University (Ph.D., Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 2000)
Seoul National University (B.S., Food Biotechnology, 1987)
Admitted to bar, Washington, D.C. (2005); California (2006)
Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (2005)
English and Korean
Kim & Chang Successfully Defends Merck's Liquid Crystal Business Against Patent Infringement Action2021.10.12
Korean Supreme Court Relaxes Priority Claim Requirements for Acquired Patents2020.12.03
Expanded Authority of the KIPO Special Judicial Police Paves the Way for More Effective Investigation of Intellectual Property Infringements2020.12.03
Recent Supreme Court Decision Clarifies When to Apply Res Judicata2020.08.31
Supreme Court Holds that Production of Major Components of Patented Invention in Korea May Be Infringement Even if Assembled Abroad2020.02.12
Seminar on "Protection and Enforcement of Software Inventions in DE, KR and US" in Düsseldorf, November 7, 20192019.11.11