Daniel KIM Attorney (Admitted in Washington, D.C. and California)
Kim & Chang (2014-Present)
Koreana Patent Firm (2007-2014)
DLA Piper (2006-2007)
Perkins Coie LLP (2005-2006)
Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP (2002-2005)
Kim & Chang (2001)
- Recent statistics on Patent Court decisions reflect more favorable stance towards patentees (Co-author, ILO, 2017)
- Firm representative: MIP Global Awards (London, March 2016)
- The America Invents Act: Implications on Korean patent practice, In-House Seminar, 2009
- U.S. Patent Practice and Related Matters, Lions Club, 2008
- U.S. Patent Practice and Related Matters (Patent Prosecution, Patent Litigation and Implications of KOREA-US FTA on Patent Practice), Korea Research Institute of Chemical Technology (KRICT), 2007
- USPTO: Using a Sledgehammer to Kill an Ant? In-House Seminar, 2007
- Securities Class Action Filings and Settlements Down in 2003, Quinn Emanuel Business Litigation Report
- California Supreme Court Adopts New Rules to Govern Out-Of-State Attorneys “Practicing” in California, Quinn Emanuel Business Litigation Report
- 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-CoA Reductase. 2000. Rodwell VW, Kim D, et al. Methods Enzymol.
- Essentiality, expression, and characterization of the class II 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A reductase of Staphylococcus aureus. 2000. Wilding EI, Kim D, et al. J. Bacteriol. (Both Kim and Wilding contributed equally).
- Dual coenzyme specificity of Archaeoglobus fulgidus HMG-CoA Reductase. 2000. Kim D, et al. Protein Sci.
- Engineering of Sulfolobus solfataricus HMG-CoA reductase to a form whose activity is regulated by phosphorylation and dephosphorylation. 1999. Kim D, et al. Biochemisty.
- Expression and characterization of the HMG-CoA reductase of the thermophilic archaeon Sulfolobus solfataricus. 1999. Kim D, et al. Protein Expr. Purif.
Michigan State University (J.D., 2003; Dean’s List, 2001-2003)
Purdue University (Postdoctoral Fellow, Biochemistry Dept.,1999-2000)
Purdue University (Ph.D., Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 2000)
Seoul National University (B.S., Food Biotechnology, 1987)
Admitted to bar, Washington, D.C. (2005)
Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (2005)
English and Korean