Stephen T. BANG Foreign Attorney (Admitted in California)
Kim & Chang (2008-Present)
The Soni Law Firm (2005-2008)
Garrett & Tully (2003-2005)
Stetina Brunda Garred & Brucker (2001-2003)
Co-founder and Lead Programmer, Celerus Systems (1996-1998)
- IAM Patent 1000: The World's Leading Patent Practitioners (IAM, 2021)
- "Patent Protection of Computer Program Inventions" (Co-author, ILO Intellectual Property Newsletter, 2016)
- “Patents in Asia 2015: South Korea,” Si Yul Lee, Stephen T Bang, Ho Yeon Lee, Intellectual Asset Management Magazine, Issue 74, pp.133-136, November/December 2015.
- “How to Prepare for Korean Patent Litigation,” Managing Intellectual Property, April 28, 2014.
- “Courts Act to Strengthen Patent Protection,” 2014 IP Value: Building and Enforcing Intellectual Property Value, 12th Edition, IAM pp.126-31.
- Webinar: South Korea's Legal Framework and Patent Enforcement, James Nurton (MIP), J. Kenneth Oh (LG Display), Duck Soon Chang (Kim & Chang), Stephen Bang (Kim & Chang), February 13, 2014.
- Speaking Engagement: “Cyber Crime in South Korea,” 19th International Association of Korean Lawyers (IAKL) Annual Conference, Seoul, South Korea (2013).
- “Patent law amendment: Extension of Safe Harbour Grace Period for Novelty,” Co-Author: Hyejung Lee, International Law Office (ILO), June 25, 2012
- “Supreme Court Recognizes Compensation to Employee for Work-for-hire Invention as Co-inventor,” Co-Author: Hyejung Lee, Lexology / Association of Corporate Counsel, April 9, 2012.
- "Development Regarding the Application of Competition Law to the Licensing of Patents – Promulgation of Guidelines for Fair Patent License Agreements,” Co-Author: Ji-Eun Kim, Lexology, April 9, 2012.
- "Remunerating Work-For-Hire Inventions in South Korea," Co-Author: Ju Young Kim, Managing Intellectual Property, May 30, 2011.
- "A Six-Month Safe Harbor For Novelty-Destroying Events," Co-Author: Hyung-Geun Ji, New Matter / Intellectual Property Law Section of the State Bar of California, January 1, 2011, New Matter, Volume 35, Number 4, pp7-10.
- "Revisions to the Korean Patent Act to Be Implemented Based on Patent Law Treaty," Co-Author: Katie Kui-Dong Lee, World Intellectual Property Report (BNA), January 6, 2011.
- "KIPO Introduces New Patent Rules," Co-Author: Jack Eui-Hwan Jung, Managing Intellectual Property, September 8, 2008
- "Supreme Court Rules on Numerical Limitation Invention," Co-Author: Hyung-Geun Ji, International Law Office (ILO), October 25, 2010.
- "KIPO's PCT Popularity," Co-Author: Jack Eui-Hwan Jung, Managing Intellectual Property, February 1, 2009.
- "Forfeiture of Computer Equipment: Preventing Criminals from Getting Back to Work," McGeorge Law Review, 31 McGeorge L. Rev. 253 (2000).
- "Trigger Locks and Warning Labels on Firearms Become a Reality," McGeorge Law Review, 31 McGeorge L. Rev. 265 (2000).
University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law (J.D. 2001)
Intellectual Property Concentration Certificate (2001)
McGeorge Law Review, Managing Editor (2000-2001)
McGeorge Law Review, Legislative Review Staff Writer (1999-2000)
The Transnational Lawyer, Comment Staff Writer (1999-2000)
University of California, Irvine (B.A. 1996)
Admitted to bar, California, 2001
Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2001
English and Korean